Vitacost Certified Organic Ground Cumin Description
Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin
USDA Certified Organic
Finely ground powder for easy mixing
Slightly smoky with a sweet earthiness
Often what gives curries & chili their distinctive flavor
Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin adds spice to your life
Brown, boring and bland. It’s what happens when you forget to season your meat and consequently ruin Taco Tuesday. The family almost immediately boycotts and starts looking at takeout menus. As obvious as it may sound, this could’ve been avoided. With a sprinkling of Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin, you would’ve filled plates instead of the trash can.
The brown, finely ground spice is anything but bland. In fact, Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin has a way of making each bite come to life. Its rich, smoky flavor is perfect for Tex-Mex meals but is also a hot shot in chili, chicken curry and chickpea hummus. You may not be the most seasoned chef, but you will now have the most, well-seasoned dishes – every day of the week.
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin?
• Add to creamy curries, sauces & aiolis
• Sauté with vegetables
• Blend into homemade hummus
• Sprinkle into chili, soups & stews
• Mix into meat marinades
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic ground cumin.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
Get all of the mouthwatering flavor of Mexican street corn
– known as elote
in Spanish – in an easy-to-eat salad. This exquisite esquites
recipe is practically effortless, using frozen corn kernels and requiring no grilling. You still get that smoky, sweet and spicy flavor and fun without any of the mess. It makes for a zesty side or an exceptional dip scooped up (greedily!) with tortilla chips
. There won’t be a kernel left!
Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 large jalapeño (finely diced)
- ½ small red onion (finely diced)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (chopped)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- ½ cup Mexican crema
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
NOTE: Parmesan cheese can be used in place of Cotija cheese. Equal parts mayo and sour cream (or Greek yogurt) can be subbed for Mexican crema.
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is very hot (but not smoking), add frozen corn kernels in even layer. (You may need to do this in two batches.)
- Heat corn until char develops on outside, around 10 minutes. (Note: Do not over stir as it will prevent charring.)
- Transfer corn to large mixing bowl to cool.
- When cool, add jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Gently mix together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Cotija cheese and mix. Stir in Mexican crema and lime juice. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this great dish!