Vitacost Certified Organic Ground Cumin Description
Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin
USDA Certified Organic
Finely ground powder for easy mixing
Slightly smoky with a sweet earthiness
Often what gives curries & chili their distinctive flavor
Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin adds spice to your life
Brown, boring and bland. It’s what happens when you forget to season your meat and consequently ruin Taco Tuesday. The family almost immediately boycotts and starts looking at takeout menus. As obvious as it may sound, this could’ve been avoided. With a sprinkling of Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin, you would’ve filled plates instead of the trash can.
The brown, finely ground spice is anything but bland. In fact, Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin has a way of making each bite come to life. Its rich, smoky flavor is perfect for Tex-Mex meals but is also a hot shot in chili, chicken curry and chickpea hummus. You may not be the most seasoned chef, but you will now have the most, well-seasoned dishes – every day of the week.
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin?
• Add to creamy curries, sauces & aiolis
• Sauté with vegetables
• Blend into homemade hummus
• Sprinkle into chili, soups & stews
• Mix into meat marinades
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Ground Cumin
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic ground cumin.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Slow Cooker Lamb Barbacoa Tacos
Lamb Barbacoa is a traditional dish from the Oaxacan region of Mexico that results in rich, flavorful meat perfect for tacos. Here, lamb shoulder is slow-cooked in a marinade made with chipotle, apple cider vinegar, orange juice and aromatic herbs and spices. Orange juice tenderizes the meat and lends a warm sweetness just under the spice. Serve shredded on taco shells with onion, cilantro and lime for a little handheld heaven.
Slow Cooker Lamb Barbacoa Tacos
- 1-1/2 lbs. lamb shoulder (fat trimmed)
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 white onion (finely diced)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 12 corn or flour taco shells
- 1-2 limes (cut)
- Cut trimmed lamb into large chunks.
- In bowl, whisk together broth, vinegar, orange juice, hot sauce, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, chipotle powder, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Place lamb in slow cooker set to low, add bay leaves and pour in liquid mixture. Cook 5-6 hours.
- Remove lamb to large bowl, let cool and shred.
- Skim fat and bay leaves from liquid and remove; add ¼-1/2 cup of liquid to shredded meat and toss to moisten. (Note: There should not be visible liquid.)
- Serve in taco shells and garnish with white onion, cilantro and squeeze of lime.
Get the ingredients to slow cook these special tacos!