Vitacost Certified Organic Rosemary Description
Vitacost® Organic Rosemary
USDA Certified Organic
A pine-scented, needle-like herb
Complements chicken, marinades, olive oil & more
Vitacost® Organic Rosemary adds spice to your life
Fun fact: Greek scholars wore a garland of rosemary on their heads during exams, believing it helped their memory. Though that tradition may have long gone out of style (thankfully), rosemary still holds the same meaning: remembrance. So when you want to create a truly unforgettable dish, sprinkle in Vitacost® Organic Rosemary.
Because of its hardy needles, rosemary looks like a miniature Christmas tree but is actually in season all year-round. Once dried, the rosemary herb gets loosely chopped to create smaller pieces of pungent herb. That’s why you never need too much Vitacost® Organic Rosemary to make savory dinner rolls, roasted vegetables or an aromatic pork tenderloin. Better yet, put these delicious rosemary recipes together for one, big memorable meal. Pretty smart, right?
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Rosemary?
• Sprinkle into pork, chicken or turkey sauces & marinades
• Mince before mixing with yogurt & dill to make a healthy chip dip
• Stir into homemade vegetable soups
• Add sparingly to spruce up mashed potatoes
• Bake into savory breads & muffins
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Rosemary
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic rosemary.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Red Lentil Vegan Bolognese
Wholesome and hearty, this Bolognese is made entirely with plant-based ingredients. Traditional Bolognese sauce is known for being thick and meaty. The red lentils in this vegan version work magic to mimic the original’s texture, density and protein count. Satisfying with layers of savory flavor from onion, garlic, carrot, mushroom, tomato and an expert mix of herbs and spices, this meal adds up to a perfect nourishing comfort food. Make it gluten-free with the great-tasting chickpea pasta used here!
Red Lentil Vegan Bolognese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small brown onion (diced)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 celery stick (diced)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (diced)
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 24-oz. jar Rao's Homemade Tomato Herb Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 Tbsp. SunButter Sunflower Butter
- 1 tsp. Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. fennel
- 1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 1/2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (diced)
- In large pot, heat olive oil and add onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in carrot, tomato, celery, mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Add lentils, tomato sauce, stock, SunButter, apple cider vinegar, aminos and spices. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure lentils don’t stick to bottom. Add peas 2 minutes before end of simmer. Sauce should be thickened and lentils soft.
- Cook pasta per package directions. Drain, drizzle with buttery oil and sea salt and toss until well combined.
- Plate pasta and spoon Bolognese on top. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Tip: To save time, use canned lentils and simmer 7 minutes instead of 40.
Add the ingredients to your cart and make this hearty meal!