Vitacost Certified Organic Rosemary Description
Vitacost® Organic Rosemary
USDA Certified Organic
A pine-scented, needle-like herb
Complements chicken, marinades, olive oil & more
Vitacost® Organic Rosemary adds spice to your life
Fun fact: Greek scholars wore a garland of rosemary on their heads during exams, believing it helped their memory. Though that tradition may have long gone out of style (thankfully), rosemary still holds the same meaning: remembrance. So when you want to create a truly unforgettable dish, sprinkle in Vitacost® Organic Rosemary.
Because of its hardy needles, rosemary looks like a miniature Christmas tree but is actually in season all year-round. Once dried, the rosemary herb gets loosely chopped to create smaller pieces of pungent herb. That’s why you never need too much Vitacost® Organic Rosemary to make savory dinner rolls, roasted vegetables or an aromatic pork tenderloin. Better yet, put these delicious rosemary recipes together for one, big memorable meal. Pretty smart, right?
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Rosemary?
• Sprinkle into pork, chicken or turkey sauces & marinades
• Mince before mixing with yogurt & dill to make a healthy chip dip
• Stir into homemade vegetable soups
• Add sparingly to spruce up mashed potatoes
• Bake into savory breads & muffins
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Rosemary
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic rosemary.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Crockpot Pot Roast
Making a pot roast can be one of the biggest kitchen challenges – an undercooked roast will be chewy while an overcooked roast will be dry. For a succulent, melt-in-your-mouth roast every time, the secret is simple: patience. Seared on the stove then cooked low and slow among herbs and veggies, this incredibly flavorful pot roast is super simple to prep. Toss everything together, go about your day and come home to the welcoming aroma of dinner ready and waiting.
Crockpot Pot Roast
- Olive oil spray
- 2.5 lbs. eye-of-round roast
- 1 onion (cut into round slices)
- 24 oz. small potatoes (yellow, red, purple)
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ? tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. rosemary (minced)
- ½ tsp. oregano
- Brush all sides of roast with olive oil.
- In cast iron or stainless-steel pan over medium-high, sear roast on all sides. Set meat aside, reserving meat drippings.
- In pan, combine meat dripping and beef broth. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In crockpot, add sliced onions. Top with meat and potatoes. Pour beef broth over. Sprinkle meat with salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano.
- Cover; cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
If you’re pressed for time, skip searing the meat.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!