Vitacost Certified Organic Turmeric Description
Vitacost® Organic Turmeric
USDA Certified Organic
A vibrant, orange-yellow spice
Tangy flavor – looks & tastes similar to ginger
Perfect for boosting smoothies or cooking curries
Vitacost® Organic Turmeric adds spice to your life
Newsflash! Yellow is the new black. Don’t worry – your wardrobe is perfectly fine. Your spice cabinet, however, may need an update. If you’re still stuck in a salt-and-pepper rut, you’re behind the thymes. What you need is a pop of color to get back on trend. Scared to go bold? Vitacost® Organic Turmeric will persuade your senses.
This gingery ground spice is traditionally popular in Indian, Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine, but its exotic flair has spread across oceans and hemispheres. You’ll mostly find turmeric in mustard blends and relishes. But with Vitacost® Organic Turmeric you can show off the fashion-forward hue and sharp flavor in vibrant curries, warm baked treats and refreshing smoothies. Looking good never tasted so great!
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Turmeric?
• Add color & flavor to plain white or brown rice
• Sauté with vegetables like kale, cauliflower & carrots
• Stir into cream-based soups & stews-
• Blend into superfood smoothies
• Use to make a hot tea
• Scramble with eggs & bake into frittatas
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for more unique uses for Vitacost® Organic Turmeric
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic turmeric
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Do the overpriced, over-breaded crab cakes at your local seafood restaurant leave you feeling a little crabby? Made with better-for-you ingredients, and full of fresh flavor from the lemon and herbs, these bite-sized balls are bursting with sweet crab taste and texture in every mouthful. The best part is how easy they are to whip up! Mixed in your food processor, they take just minutes to blend and prep for cooking. Though this recipe makes more than enough to share, we don’t think it’d be shellfish
to make it for yourself – just freeze the uncooked leftovers and heat them when you’re hungry!
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil Refined (divided)
- 1/4 yellow or brown onion (diced)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1-1/3 cups crab meat
- 1 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
- 1 pasture raised organic egg
- 5 Tbsp. Sproud Plant-Based Milk Original
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. SunButter Natural Sunflower Butter
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Dash turmeric
- In pan over medium heat, add a bit of coconut oil. Cook garlic and onion a few minutes, until translucent.
- In food processor, combine all ingredients, including cooked onion and garlic. Blend until finely chopped.
- Roll mixture into bite-sized balls. Let sit at least 1 hour, up to overnight, to set.
- In pan over medium heat, add coconut oil. Cook crab bites a few minutes on each side, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!