Holiday Stuffing Muffins
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Medium Grind Cornmeal
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 10 oz. Bob’s Red Mill Cornbread (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 6 oz. Italian or French bread loaf (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup celery (diced small)
- 2 cups yellow onion (diced small)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine cornmeal and buttermilk; let sit 10 minutes.
- In another large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add in cornmeal mixture, eggs and butter. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to pan and bake until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On sheet pan, spread bread cubes and cornbread cubes in an even layer. Bake 10 minutes or until bread is crisp and light brown. Stir bread to prevent burning. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter, add onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in poultry seasoning, sage, parsley, salt, pepper and pine nuts and cook for another minute.
- To large bowl, add onion mixture and toasted bread cubes; mix with spatula until combined. Add stock and eggs and stir until combined.
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups. Spoon stuffing into each cup, mounding at the top. (Note: Pack stuffing in tightly to prevent muffins from falling apart.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until tops are browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.