What could be simpler than a one-pan meal? This deep-dish spinach and artichoke lasagna is stuffed with three cheeses, savory flavors and healthy, lentil-based lasagna noodles. Prep it on the stove, broil for a few minutes and top it with herbs to serve! Whether you’re a vegetarian or a family member is gluten-free, it’s a dinner option that everyone will enjoy. It tastes just like what your noni used to make… but it’s easier!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
8-oz. pkg. Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Lasagne
28-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
26-oz. Vitacost Gluten-Free Marinara Sauce
12-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
12 oz. mozzarella cheese grated
2-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
4 cups baby spinach or arugula, chopped
1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Fresh basil leaves
- In 12-inch-deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Stir in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add marinara, tomatoes and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Let cook.
- In large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, remaining Italian seasoning, artichoke hearts, spinach or arugula, salt, pepper and 2/3 cup Parmesan. Mix well.
- Remove 3 cups of sauce from skillet. Arrange 3 or 4 lasagna sheets in skillet. Using a spatula, thinly spread 1/3 ricotta cheese filling on top. Next, layer on 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the next two or more layers with remaining ingredients.
- Cover skillet and adjust heat so lasagna bubbles gently around the edges. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set the top rack of the oven 6-8 inches from the heat source and preheat to high broil.
- Remove lid from lasagna and sprinkle on remaining Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup). Broil for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.