Simply Organic Spices & Seasonings at Vitacost
Simply Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Ground Description
Nothing but pure, organic, ground Ceylon cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum). No GMOs. No ETO (considered carcinogenic by the EPA). Non-irradiated. Certified Organic by QAI. Kosher Certified by KSA. So good, it was voted "Best" Ceylon Cinnamon by Epicurious in 2018.
You want "true cinnamon"? This is it. You’ll know Ceylon by its complex yet nuanced flavor. Ours is spicy in the true sense — but, with its 1% to 1.6% oil content, the flavor is mild and delicate. Comfortingly warm, not hot. Fruity, almost apple-cinnamony, floral and nectar-like, but only lightly sweet. It’s that complex. Its aroma is equally distinctive, with hints of floral and citrus complementing the warm-spicy notes.
Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you’re getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
Simply Organic ceylon cinnamon is sourced from a long standing co-op partner in Sri Lanka, where we help select and develop the product. Close relationships with suppliers allow us to actively engage in sourcing and ensuring that production is environmentally friendly and yields high-quality ceylon cinnamon.
Simply Organic® is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
Suggested uses: Use to flavor cookies, cakes, stewed fruits, puddings, and breads - a well as curries, sauces, and vegetable dishes.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic cinnamon.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Vegan Celery Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting
Veggies for dessert? We do it all the time, and in the most delightful way! Pumpkin pie and carrot cake are classics, and zucchini brownies
and chocolate avocado mousse
have gained solid footing. In this indulgent but healthier vegan cupcake recipe, celery
is the star. That’s right! The taste and texture of celery is adaptable to whatever ingredients you use it with, and its herbal notes and high water content are welcome in fluffy, soft cake. Allspice, cinnamon and vanilla bring warmth and sweetness. The whisper of grassy flavor and burst of spice pair wonderfully with a velvety lemon-infused buttercream frosting. Surprise and delight everyone with these instant classics!
Vegan Celery Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1-½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1-¼ cups almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. vegan butter (melted)
- 5 cups organic powdered sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1-2 Tbsp. almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep 12-well cupcake pan with liners and spray.
- In measuring cup, mix together almond milk and apple cider vinegar until well combined; let sit 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
- Add milk-ACV mixture, vegan butter and vanilla. Using spatula, mix until everything is well combined and smooth with no lumps visible. (Note: Do not overmix.)
- Fold in finely chopped celery.
- Scoop batter into liners until 3/4 full and bake at 400 degrees F for the first 5 minutes only. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking another 14-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Once done, turn off oven and keep cupcakes inside with oven door slightly open for about 2 minutes before removing.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- In large bowl, using mixer, beat together powdered sugar and softened vegan butter until pea-sized crumbles form.
- Beat in lemon extract, lemon zest and milk until creamy and fluffy. (Note: If too thin, add additional powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time; if too thick, add additional almond milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time.)
- Add frosting to piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest or dried parsley, if desired.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!