Vitacost Certified Organic Oregano Description
Vitacost® Organic Oregano
USDA Certified Organic
From the leaves of the oregano plant
Pungent, aromatic herb
Sprinkle into pasta sauce and over pizza
Vitacost® Organic Oregano adds spice to your life
Romans are quite familiar, but the leaves of the oregano plant were only introduced to the United States in the early 20th century. Now, whether you’re in New York City or Naples, Florida, you won’t find a pizzeria or respectable Italian restaurant that doesn’t ooze the aroma of oregano. Consequently, you wander through their doors for a bite to eat. The spice is that intoxicating, which is why you should bring it home with Vitacost® Organic Oregano.
Vitacost® Organic Oregano is the dried herb that retains all the feisty flavor you expect from an Italian essential. You’ll especially love it on pizza, in pasta sauces and sprinkled over roasted potatoes. All you need to remember is when in Rome, do as the Romans; and when not in Rome, still do as the Romans –because you can.
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Oregano?
• Stir into homemade pizza & pasta sauces
• Add a liberal amount to chili
• Use to season potatoes before roasting
• Mix into dry rubs for chicken, pork & turkey
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Oregano
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic oregano.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Picnic Chicken Kebabs
Summertime is for eating al fresco – picnics, poolside grub and meals on a stick. You heard that right! Fire up the grill and pull out the metal skewers for this chicken shish kebab recipe, complete with pieces of tender chicken thighs, onion, bell pepper and grape tomatoes. Start off with a simple marinade of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Plan ahead for the chicken to marinate up to 2 hours. The wait will be worthwhile! Grill skewers 12 to 15 minutes and enjoy with a side salad.
Picnic Chicken Kebabs
- 2 chicken thighs (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pink salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 red onion (quartered into squares pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into squares)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper to make marinade.
- Marinate chicken 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using 4 metals skewers, add 2 pieces of chicken followed by onion, pepper and tomato. Repeat pattern until skewers are full.
- Grill 12-15 minutes, turning 4 times.
- Cook until veggies are tender and internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees F.
Snag spices, oil, vinegar and more at Vitacost.com.