Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar Description
Life is Sweeter when it's Wholesome!™
Love, kindness and joy may not appear on our ingredient label, but they're in this package just the same. Each time you choose Wholesome!™ products, someone's life gets a little bit sweeter.
Wholesome pours their hearts into all they do.
Wholesome is committed to organic and stay on the cutting edge of eco-friendly agriculture to ensure the smallest footprint possible. Wholesome is dedicated to Fair Trade and partner with caring farming families across the globe. Their partners are guaranteed a fair price so they can treat their loved ones well.
Organic Cane Sugar
Organic Cane Sugar captures a tiny bit of natural molasses in every blond crystal making it delightfully sweet and flavorful. Wholesome makes their unrefined sugar from freshly squeezed organic cane juice which is evaporated and crystallized the same day it is harvested. Sprinkle Organic Cane Sugar in your morning coffee or cereal, or bake it into your favorite dessert for a decadent treat.
One cup organic cane sugar is equal to 1 cup of refined sugar.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tsp. (4 g)
Servings per Container: 114
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||4 g||1%|
| Sugars||4 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic evaporated can juice*.
*Fair Trade Certified™ by Fair Trade USA
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Pickled Red Onion with Thyme
Tangy and sweet, pickled red onions give sandwiches, salads, bowls, tacos and more a burst of bright flavor and color. They’re easy to make and, if you slice them super thin, require only the briefest amount of time in the brine to achieve pickled perfection. Want to infuse the onions with a little more of a bite? Add a few slices of jalapeño to the jar for a bit of heat.
Pickled Red Onion with Thyme
- 2 small organic red onions (about 2-½ cups sliced)
- 1 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup organic white wine vinegar
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 tsp. organic black pepper
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1-½ Tbsp. Redmond Real Salt
- Fresh thyme (rosemary, sage or other herb of choice)
- Jalapeño pepper (sliced, seeds removed)
- Thinly slice onion or use mandoline.
- In medium saucepan, mix vinegars, water, salt, pepper, sugar and several sprigs of thyme or fresh herb of choice. Boil several minutes and stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- In bowl, place onion and pour in liquid. Set aside to cool down.
- Into 10- or 12-oz. Mason jar, transfer onions and brine. Add in more sprigs of thyme. Add jalapeño pepper, if using. Cap and refrigerate 1 hour to overnight, depending on thickness of onions. (Note: Pickling is done when onions are tender and bright in color.)
- Keep refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.
Get the ingredients you need to get pickling!