Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Cane Sugar Description
Life is Sweeter when it's Wholesome!™
Love, kindness and joy may not appear on our ingredient label, but they're in this package just the same. Each time you choose Wholesome!™ products, someone's life gets a little bit sweeter.
Wholesome pours their hearts into all they do.
Wholesome is committed to organic and stay on the cutting edge of eco-friendly agriculture to ensure the smallest footprint possible. Wholesome is dedicated to Fair Trade and partner with caring farming families across the globe. Their partners are guaranteed a fair price so they can treat their loved ones well.
Organic Cane Sugar
Organic Cane Sugar captures a tiny bit of natural molasses in every blond crystal making it delightfully sweet and flavorful. Wholesome makes their unrefined sugar from freshly squeezed organic cane juice which is evaporated and crystallized the same day it is harvested. Sprinkle Organic Cane Sugar in your morning coffee or cereal, or bake it into your favorite dessert for a decadent treat.
One cup organic cane sugar is equal to 1 cup of refined sugar.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tsp. (4 g)
Servings per Container: 114
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||4 g||1%|
| Sugars||4 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic evaporated can juice*.
*Fair Trade Certified™ by Fair Trade USA
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Challah Rolls With Golden Raisins (Vegan)
Challah is a braided egg bread typically made for the Jewish Sabbath and special holidays. For Rosh Hashanah – the Jewish New Year – it’s shaped into round loaves with raisins. Vegans, you don’t have to miss out on this slightly sweet comfort carb. Try these vegan challah rolls, which feel equally at home with a holiday spread or as a Saturday snack. Even novice bread bakers can follow the kneading, proofing and baking process with these simple steps. Break out the kitchen scale for more exact measurements or use your trusty measuring cups and spoons.
Challah Rolls With Golden Raisins
- 1-1/2 tsp. active dry yeast ((6 g))
- 1/2 cup warm water, about 100°F ((120 ml))
- 1/4 cup cane sugar ((25 g))
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ((250 g))
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. golden raisins ((60 g))
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt ((4 g))
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil ((25 g))
- 1 tsp. melted plant-based butter, for brushing ((6 g))
- 1 Tbsp. oat milk ((15 ml))
- 1/2 tsp. light agave ((2.5 ml))
- In small bowl, whisk yeast with 1/4 cup (60 ml) water and 1/4 teaspoon (2 g) sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes until yeast is bloomed and bubbly.
- Using stand mixer, whisk flour, remaining sugar, raisins and salt until well incorporated. Pour in yeast mixture, remaining water and oil.
- On speed setting 2, knead dough 7 minutes until smooth, elastic and no longer sticky.
- Transfer dough to lightly greased bowl and cover for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Punch dough down and transfer to lightly floured surface. Divide dough into six (80 g) round balls and rest for 10 minutes covered with a slightly damp, clean dishcloth. Punch down dough balls to release air and roll into 11-inch ropes.
- To braid rolls, make “U” shape and cross strands. Bring right strand over and press into center. Do the same to other strand, pressing into bottom.
- Brush tops of rolls with “egg” wash and let rise 40 minutes uncovered.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
- Bake 15 minutes and remove from oven to brush puffed-up areas only with remaining “egg” wash.
- Return to oven and bake for additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, brush with melted plant-based butter and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Don’t have a kitchen scale? This affordable tool is worth the purchase! Investing in a kitchen scale can improve the quality of your baked goods.
- Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.