For a quick, healthy, vegan dish, look no further than this simple yet delicious recipe. Pasta, olives, tomatoes, capers and fresh herbs come together, drizzled in biodynamic olive oil and balsamic vinegar, for a nutritious, flavorful Puttanesca salad that’s perfect for lunch, dinner or as a side. Elevating this dish to a higher standard of quality are the regeneratively grown ingredients from Solspring® – a food brand that offers USDA Organic as well as the largest variety of Demeter Certified Biodynamic® foods in the U.S.
Known as the original regenerative agriculture – what organic is actually based on – the biodynamic approach helps restore degraded soils with holistic, climate-beneficial practices. Rather than focus on individual crops, biodynamics considers the prosperity of the whole farm, treating it as a single living, breathing organism – an ecosystem where every species, both plant and animal, has purpose.
This all-encompassing approach integrates livestock to nurture the soil, employs plant diversity and crop rotation to prevent soil depletion, utilizes low-till practices to reduce soil erosion and improve water quality, and completely avoids synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, hormones and GMOs. The result? Greater biodiversity, healthier people, a stronger planet and exceptional ingredients the way nature intended.
Puttanesca Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. Solspring® Biodynamic Organic Penne with Turmeric
- 2 pints mixed cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Solspring® Biodynamic Organic Kalamata Olives (roughly chopped)
- 1 jar 3.5 oz. capers in brine (drained)
- 3 Tbsp. Solspring® Biodynamic Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Solspring® Biodynamic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- ½ Tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried chili flakes
Garnishes: flat-leaf parsley, basil and olive oil
- Cook half package of pasta according to package directions.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, olives and capers.
- In small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and chili flakes; pour over pasta and fold to incorporate.
- Garnish with parsley, basil and oil. Season to taste.
Order these ingredients and more from Vitacost.com!