Spicely Organic Cinnamon Ground Description
100% USDA Organic
Cinnamon comes from the bark of the cinnamomum tree and has a long history in both the medicinal and culinary world. Cinnamon can be used from desserts to drinks to meat marinades. This cinnamon is also referred to as ceylon cinnamon and differs from the cassia variety. Add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to 1 cup flour for pancakes or waffle mix.
Using at Home
Organic Cinnamon culinary superpowers are not only for the holidays.
It incorporates seamlessly into both sweet and savory dishes; melding and enhancing the natural flavor of the foods while contributing its own uniquely delicious clove-like spiciness and pungent aroma.
The complex flavor profile tends to best compliment desserts but is really quite versatile.
Stir a scoop into your next batch of pancakes, use it to caramelize apples for your next bowl of oatmeal, or mix some with ground coffee to bring your morning cup to a whole new level.
Gluten and GMOs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic cinnamon ground.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
Spiced to pumpkin-y perfection, this warm loaf features the best flavors of fall. The recipe takes basic banana bread
and infuses it with the season’s prized squash, plus warming cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
Not a pumpkin fan? No problem! Use butternut squash instead for a fall-inspired banana bread! Feel free to get creative in the kitchen and add additional ingredients to the batter, such as nutmeg
, orange zest or raisins
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer (+ 4 Tbsp. water, prepared)
- 2 large ripe bananas, (mashed)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée ((or homemade))
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Slowly add prepared egg replacers and mix well. Add mashed bananas and pumpkin purée. Stir to combine.
- In separate mixing bowl, sift flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and cinnamon. Add salt and mix.
- Slowly combine dry and wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Add vanilla and stir until just combined—do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes until top is brown and the center of the cake comes out clean using a toothpick or butter knife. When ready, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Serve warm.
- DIY pumpkin puree: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut sugar pumpkin in half. Scoop out seeds and most of the stringy bits. Arrange on baking sheet or pan and roast for 45 minutes or until soft. Puree.
- If bread sticks to loaf pan, return to oven and bake longer. To test doneness, poke a few spots with a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com.