Vitacost Certified Organic Ground Cinnamon Description
Vitacost® Organic Ground Cinnamon
USDA Certified Organic
Smooth, finely ground texture
Sweet and spicy
Best mixed into baked goods, oatmeal & smoothies
Vitacost® Organic Ground Cinnamon adds spice to your life
You forgot about a doctor’s appointment, but you remembered your great aunt’s birthday. You were late to work, but arrived three hours early for a domestic flight. You ate a couple slices of pizza but turned down that frozen coffee treat. You may not find a logical balance in your everyday, but you will certainly taste it in Vitacost® Organic Ground Cinnamon.
The fine, richly colored powder has the perfect proportion of sweet to spicy. Vitacost® Organic Ground Cinnamon livens up the allure in baked goods, while toning down bitterness when you roast it with root vegetables. The benefits of cinnamon are the best of both worlds. So when you sprinkle in Vitacost® Organic Ground Cinnamon, you’ll naturally find a sensational sense of balance – in your food, at least.
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Ground Cinnamon?
• Use to make soft & chewy snickerdoodles
• Bake into gooey sweet buns
• Stir into hot tea with milk
• Sprinkle over baked sweet potatoes
• Blend into morning smoothies
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Ground Cinnamon
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic ground cinnamon.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Apple Pie
Sweet Fuji apples and tart Granny Smiths play well together with maple syrup and cinnamon in this delightful vegan apple pie. The dough incorporates room-temperature coconut oil instead of butter along with some splashes of ice-cold water making for a fabulously flaky crust. Using unrefined coconut oil leaves out any overwhelming coconut flavor while still providing all the healthy benefits of MCTs. Slice into the whimsical lattice crust and follow dinner with good health and high spirits.
Vegan Apple Pie
- 2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. room-temperature coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp. ice-cold water
- 4 small Fuji apples (peeled and sliced (about 2-1/2 cups))
- 4 small Granny Smith apples (peeled and sliced (about 2-1/2 cups))
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp. egg replacer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel apples and slice to ? - ¼” thickness.
- In bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, maple syrup, salt and egg replacer. Set aside.
- In large bowl, sift together flour and salt. Using fork, blend coconut oil and water into dough. Knead dough thoroughly. Divide in half.
- On flat, floured surface using rolling pin, roll half of dough into a 12-inch circle. Fold crust in half, place in pie plate, then unfold and adjust dough to fit plate and onto rim.
- Pour in filling ingredients.
- Roll out second half of dough for lattice topping. Using pizza cutter, cut ½-¾-inch strips, creating 12 total. Arrange 6 strips across top, side by side and evenly spaced. (Note: Use longer strips in middle and shorter strips toward edges of pie.)
- Position pie in front of you with dough strips facing away. Carefully fold back – all the way toward you – the second, fourth and sixth strips, then lay strip of dough perpendicularly across first, third and fifth strip near edge of pie closest to you.
- Unfold second, fourth and sixth strips over new strip.
- Fold back the first, third and fifth strips toward you, then lay another strip of dough perpendicularly across pie. Unfold first, third and fifth strips over new strip.
- Repeat steps 8, 9 and 10 until pie is fully covered with lattice crust.
- Trim dough strips overhanging pie plate: fold under edges to create a border that rests on rim.
- Place pie plate on baking sheet. Bake 40-45 minutes, checking the last 10 minutes for golden-brown crust and doneness of apples.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
Order the ingredients you’ll need!