Vitacost Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips - Gluten Free and Non-GMO Description
- Semi-sweet chocolate with a whole lot of uses.
- Balanced chocolate flavor for all baking needs
- Mini-chips are the perfect size
- Toss in homemade muffins, breads & more
It’s the same story every year. Your crazy Aunt Ida makes a batch of cookies from a recipe she found in her favorite cookbook. Though it sounds like a sweet tradition, it’s at least two decades old. Taste buds mature, people are more conscientious of the food they eat and, honestly, Aunt Ida doesn’t even like her own dessert. It’s time you take matters into your own oven-mitted hands.
Vitacost® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips are not just another chip off the old cacao tree. These are thoughtfully made gluten or GMOs. The flavor is spot-on – not overpowering and never unnoticed. Toss them into a (new) cookie recipe, stir into pancake batter, sprinkle over yogurt or find your own favorite way to healthfully indulge. Having so many options will never get old.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°- 75° F [15° - 24°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (15 g)
Servings per Container: About 19
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||4 g||5%|
| Saturated Fat||2.5 g||13%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g||4%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Total Sugars||8 g|
| Includes 8g Added Sugars||16%|
|Protein less than||1 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Sugar, unsweeetened chocolate, cocoa butter, soy lecithin (an emulisifer), vanilla extract.
May Contain: Milk.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Cheerful Chocolate Peppermint Cups
Looking for a simple and fun holiday treat to whip up this year? Here’s one with just a few ingredients and whole lot of jolly. These no-bake chocolate peppermint candy cups are festive, simply scrumptious and even perfect for gifting. Feel free to use no-sugar options, if you desire.
Cheerful Chocolate Peppermint Cups
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 peppermint candies (crushed)
- Line muffin tin with silicone muffin cups.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine semisweet chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Microwave about 1 minute and 15 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into muffin cups, filling to about 1/8-inch. Distribute chocolate evenly into each cup.
- Place in freezer 30 minutes.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Microwave about 1 min and 15 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted white chocolate into muffin cups, distributing evenly.
- Top with crushed peppermint candies.
- Freeze at least 30 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Chocolate can also be melted in double broiler, if preferred.
- For added crunch, stir crushed peppermint candies into melted chocolate as well as sprinkling on top.
Sweet on these treats? Add the ingredients to your cart to make them!