While they may be fast, one-dish wonders are not a fleeting fad. Consider the classic chicken pot pie. It stuffs everything you need – protein, veggies, starches and dairy – into one rock-star recipe. And when you add a special flair to the filling, it quickly becomes a household name. For instance, this scrumptious chicken pot pie is made with green curry paste. The extra spice adds an unforgettable kick that will send it to the top of the charts over and over again.
1 medium russet potato, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1-1/2 cups frozen vegetable soup mix
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup oat flour
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup green curry paste
2/3 cup whole milk
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
12 oz. chicken, cooked & shredded
2 pre-made pie crusts
1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fill a pot 2/3 with water and place on stove over high heat. Bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add chopped potato and cook until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, vegetable mix and garlic. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add oat flour and mix well.
- Stir in broth, curry paste, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked, drained potatoes and shredded chicken.
- Layer bottom of 9-inch pie pan with a sheet of crust. Pour chicken curry filling into pie crust, using a spoon to evenly spread mixture.
- Slice the second sheet of pie crust into strips and place over top filling. Pinch edges of crust.
- Brush the whisked egg on top of crust strips.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until crust turns golden.
- Let cool slightly, but serve warm.