Up the health factor of your game-day snack menu this year with this crunchy combo. Swap salty peanuts, loaded potato skins and cheesy dips with a healthier selection including this nutrient-packed snack mix, made from walnuts, whole-grain cereal and liquid aminos. What makes this snack mix truly unique (and hard to resist) is the herb blend used, which enhances, but doesn’t overpower, the subtle and earthy flavor of the walnuts. It’s safe to say this recipe is sure to win you a few fans of your own!
3 cups toasted whole-grain corn cereal
2 cups gluten-free pretzels
1-1/2 cups Vitacost Organic Walnuts
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. liquid aminos or soy sauce
2 tsp. Frontier Thyme
2 tsp. Frontier Oregano
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Lightly oil large baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels and walnuts.
- In small dish or measuring cup with spout, combine olive oil, liquid aminos and herbs. Drizzle over cereal mixture; stir to coat. Mix again with hands, using fingers to distribute evenly.
- In prepared pan, evenly spread mixture. Bake 30 minutes, stirring twice. Cool before serving.
Additional cooking tips:
- In step three, combining the herbs, liquid aminos and oil first (before drizzling over the mix) is important in order to help the seasoning adhere to the mix
- For a flavor variation, add 1-1/2 teaspoons Frontier Organic Cumin