Vegans don’t eat quiche... Until now, that is! This recipe uses tofu and nutritional yeast in place of eggs and cheese to create these zesty, potato-crusted, veggie-packed mini quiches. They’re perfect for a quick, grab-and-go breakfast or as a crowd-pleasing appetizer. Try them with your favorite vegetables and toppings—but we love them stuffed with asparagus and yellow squash and topped with cherry tomatoes and green onions.
Makes 24 mini quiches
12 oz. block firm tofu, pressed for 10 minutes
2 tsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. pink salt
1/2 tsp. herbs de Provence
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/8 tsp. black pepper
4 asparagus spears, diagonally sliced
½ red potato, finely sliced
? yellow squash, diced
¼ cup diced yellow onion
Cherry tomatoes, sliced, to top
Green onions, diced, to top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl of cold, salted water, soak potato slices. Then, drain and rinse and set to dry on a clean towel or paper towel.
- Press one potato slice in each mini muffin tin to cover the bottom and sides. Bake for 8-15 minutes or until crisp. Don’t let them get too dark or burnt. When done, set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine tofu with herbs, spices and yellow onion. Process until smooth and fully combined. Transfer to medium bowl. Gently fold in asparagus and squash and mix until incorporated into tofu mixture.
- Place potato slices back into muffin tins and top with tofu mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If desired, broil for the last few minutes for a crispier quiche.
- Serve warm, topped with cherry tomatoes and green onions.