Vitacost Avocado Oil - Non-GMO and Gluten Free Description
Made from the finest Hass avocados, this oil is ideal for drizzling, marinating and high-heat cooking.
Derived from the finest Hass avocados, this oil is perfect for drizzling on salad, veggies, grilled meat and more. With a high smoke point, it's also recommended for high-heat cooking. Mild and delicate, it helps complement the flavor of your favorite foods.
Vitacost Avocado Oil is:
Free from trans-fatty acids
Packed with monounsaturated fats
High smoke point – perfect for sautéing, frying and high-heat cooking
Mild and delicate – won’t overpower other flavors
Use as a topping for salad, vegetables & more
Bonus: Can also be used as a moisturizer for skin and hair
Oil’s well that ends well
Try drizzling Vitacost Avocado Oil in place of olive oil on salad, veggies and grilled meat or use it in place of canola oil for frying and sautéing.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 17
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||14 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||2.5 g||12%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Not a significant source of dietary fiber, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron and potassium.
*The % Daily Value tells you how much as nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Refined avocado oil.
The color of avocado oil varies.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Springy Vegan Split Pea Soup With Leeks
Soups are wonderful year-round, and they often evoke different seasons or holidays depending on the ingredients incorporated. There is no doubt that this soup sings spring
! The vibrant green color sparks that increase of energy and vitality that comes with the first hints of warmer weather. The bright taste of the split peas mellows out with the delicately sweet, mild flavor of the leeks. Simmer the soup with a dried chipotle chili pepper, and the balance gains a beautiful smokiness. Topped with crispy sautéed peas, sprouts and a squeeze of lemon, this creamy dream feels powerfully restorative.
Springy Vegan Split Pea Soup With Leeks
- 1 pkg. (15 oz.) Shiloh Farms Organic Green Split Peas (soaked in water for 1 hour, drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 cup leeks (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Redmond Real Salt (to taste)
- Black garlic powder (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 5 cups water (or more depending on desired consistency)
- 1 whole medium-sized dried chipotle chili pepper (or ½ tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper)
- Organic olive oil
- Organic frozen peas
- Salt (to taste)
- Crispy peas
- Beet sprouts or microgreens
- Dash of black garlic powder
- Garlic chives (chopped)
- Squeeze of lemon
- In large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add leek and garlic and sauté for several minutes until tender.
- Add dill, parsley and whole dried chipotle pepper or ground chipotle powder, if using. Mix well. (Note: Remove and discard whole pepper before serving.)
- Add peas and water and mix well. Season with salt, black garlic powder and black pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer, cover and cook until smooth, about 25 minutes.
- In small pan, heat oil and add frozen peas and salt. Sauté for 5-10 minutes until crispy. Set aside for use as garnish.
- If desired, use blender or immersion blender to blend pea soup, or serve as is. (Note: Peas will be very soft, so blending is optional.)
- Serve in bowls and garnish with crispy peas, beet sprouts/microgreens, dash of black garlic powder, chives and lemon juice.
Pick up the ingredients you need!