Vitacost Avocado Oil - Non-GMO and Gluten Free Description
Made from the finest Hass avocados, this oil is ideal for drizzling, marinating and high-heat cooking.
Derived from the finest Hass avocados, this oil is perfect for drizzling on salad, veggies, grilled meat and more. With a high smoke point, it's also recommended for high-heat cooking. Mild and delicate, it helps complement the flavor of your favorite foods.
Vitacost Avocado Oil is:
Free from trans-fatty acids
Packed with monounsaturated fats
High smoke point – perfect for sautéing, frying and high-heat cooking
Mild and delicate – won’t overpower other flavors
Use as a topping for salad, vegetables & more
Bonus: Can also be used as a moisturizer for skin and hair
Oil’s well that ends well
Try drizzling Vitacost Avocado Oil in place of olive oil on salad, veggies and grilled meat or use it in place of canola oil for frying and sautéing.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 17
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||14 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||2.5 g||12%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Not a significant source of dietary fiber, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron and potassium.
*The % Daily Value tells you how much as nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Refined avocado oil.
The color of avocado oil varies.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Warming Chickpea Chili
Loaded with veggie goodness, this flavorful chili warms, comforts and truly nourishes. It comes together in one pot (oh! The aroma!) with chickpeas, bell peppers, zucchini and tomatoes, and is easily customizable with your favorite vegetables and spices. Try it with Argentinian aji molido, a subtly spicy ground red chile with hints of smoke. Make it your own, play, have fun and bring everyone to the table to eat heartily!
Warming Chickpea Chili
- 2-3 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 medium white onions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small zucchini (chopped)
- 3 cans (45 oz.) chickpeas (rinsed, or 1 lb. dry chickpeas, cooked)
- 3 cups canned peeled whole tomatoes (with juices)
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Pinch oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder (or Argentinian aji molido)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 4 whole scallions (sliced thin, for garnish)
- In large pot, sauté onion, garlic and bell peppers in oil 2-3 minutes; add cumin, paprika, oregano and chili powder and mix well. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, zucchini, vegetable stock/water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to simmer.
- Add peas, lower heat and cover partially. Allow to simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with sprinkle of scallions.
Get the ingredients you need to make this ultimate comfort food!