Vitacost Avocado Oil - Non-GMO and Gluten Free Description
Made from the finest Hass avocados, this oil is ideal for drizzling, marinating and high-heat cooking.
Derived from the finest Hass avocados, this oil is perfect for drizzling on salad, veggies, grilled meat and more. With a high smoke point, it's also recommended for high-heat cooking. Mild and delicate, it helps complement the flavor of your favorite foods.
Vitacost Avocado Oil is:
Free from trans-fatty acids
Packed with monounsaturated fats
High smoke point – perfect for sautéing, frying and high-heat cooking
Mild and delicate – won’t overpower other flavors
Use as a topping for salad, vegetables & more
Bonus: Can also be used as a moisturizer for skin and hair
Oil’s well that ends well
Try drizzling Vitacost Avocado Oil in place of olive oil on salad, veggies and grilled meat or use it in place of canola oil for frying and sautéing.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 17
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||14 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||2.5 g||12%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Not a significant source of dietary fiber, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron and potassium.
*The % Daily Value tells you how much as nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Refined avocado oil.
The color of avocado oil varies.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Gluten-Free Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
Whip up some baked avocado fries for your next party, for a family movie night or as a summery side dish. Getting their breaded coating from gluten-free Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers, these slightly spicy wedges bake up crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. And because they’re loaded with good fats, they’re a healthy alternative to the standard fry. Serve them and watch faces light up.
Gluten-Free Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
- 1 pkg. Simple Mills Gluten-Free Almond Flour Sea Salt Crackers
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 large avocados (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and brush with oil.
- On plate, arrange avocado slices.
- In food processor, pulse crackers to fine texture leaving some larger bits for crunch.
- In medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs, chili powder and smoked paprika.
- In another medium bowl, combine flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk in milk until well combined.
- Line up plate with avocado slices, bowl with liquid mixture and bowl with crushed crackers. Use one hand to dip avocado slice into milk mixture, then drop into cracker crumbs. With second hand, coat avocado slices with cracker mix and drop onto baking sheet. Repeat until all avocado is coated.
- Bake 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve plated, garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired, and enjoy immediately as is or with dipping sauce.
Get the ingredients you need to bake these up!