Vitacost Certified Organic Medium Shredded Coconut Unsweetened and Dried - Gluten Free and Non-GMO Description
No Trans Fat
Unsweetened and Dried
Great for Baking
Perfect in Macaroons
Tasty in Trail Mix
Whether you're tossing it in homemade trail mix, whipping up toasty coconut macaroons or using it to garnish a cake, this shredded coconut adds just the right amount of flavor and texture to your favorite foods.
Keep dry at room temperature (59°-75°F [15°-24°C]).
Toasty Coconut Macaroons
4 egg whites
Pinch of salt
2 cups Vitacost® Certified Organic Medium Shredded Coconut – Unsweetened and Dried
1/3 cup Vitacost® Certified Organic Raw & Unfiltered Honey U.S. Grade A - Non GMO or Vitacost® Certified Organic Maple Syrup Grade B - Non-GMO
2 teaspoons Vitacost® Certified Organic Pure Vanilla Extract - Non-GMO & Gluten Free
1 tablespoon Vitacost® Extra Virgin Certified Organic Coconut Oil - Non-GMO
Preheat oven to 350°F.
To make the batter, in a large bowl, whisk together egg whites and pinch of salt until stiff peaks appear. Carefully fold in coconut flakes, honey, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Drop by tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool a few minutes on the baking sheet; transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container.
GMOs, milk, eggs, peanuts, crustacean shellfish, fish, soy, gluten, titanium dioxide.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 3 Tablespoons (15 g)
Servings per Container: About 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||10 g||13%|
| Saturated Fat||9 g||45%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Other Ingredients: Dried organic coconut.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Tiger Nut Berry Bars
These wholesome, grain-free bars bake up healthy, tasty and portable. Slip some in your bag or backpack for quick energy replenishment no matter the outing. Tiger nuts get their name from the stripes on their exterior and are not actually nuts at all. They’re superfood tubers full of antioxidants, plant protein and prebiotic fiber to keep you satisfied longer. Twist the taste by using different jam and berries for the inner fruit layer.
Tiger Nut Berry Bars
- 1-1/2 cups tiger nut flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (coarsely chopped)
- ½ cup walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp. agave sweetener
- 8 oz. mixed berry fruit spread (low sugar or no sugar added)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 9x 9-inch baking pan with coconut oil or spray.
- In mixing bowl, stir together flour, coconut flakes, walnuts, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In small sauce pan over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil; add agave and stir. Turn off heat.
- To dry ingredients, add oil/agave mixture; mix to combine. (Note: Dough will be moist and sticky.)
- In prepared pan, press ¾ of dough, using fingers to spread into corners of pan.
- Spread fruit spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle on berries.
- Crumble remaining crust mixture on top, spreading evenly; press down mixture gently with fingertips.
- Bake 30 minutes until lightly browned on top. Let cool completely. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Add the ingredients to your cart and bake some bars!