Go ahead and enter that cook-off. You’ve got a few secrets up your apron that are ready for their big debut. First up is chipotle sea salt. The salt fires up the heat, so you don’t even need chili powder or cayenne pepper. Your second surprise is a slow cooker. Chili gets better with age. Let it sit for several hours, and all those savory flavors will pop right off the spoon. Whether you serve it up for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this chipotle turkey chili will hit the spot – no contest!
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1-1/2 lbs. ground turkey
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
3 Tbsp. Gustus Vitae Chipotle Sea Salt
3 Tbsp. Gustus Vitae Taste of Provence
1-1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
1. Drain and rinse beans.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high, heat olive oil and garlic.
3. Toss in onion and pepper; cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add ground turkey and cook until golden.
5. Add chipotle sea salt and tomato paste to the skillet, stir to combine. Cook another 3-4 minutes.
6. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker. Pour in vegetable broth and chopped tomatoes; stir to combine.
7. Sprinkle in the Taste of Provence and stir again.
8. Cook on high 4 to 5 hours, or until the chili has thickened. Add more chipotle sea salt to taste.
9. Serve warm with shredded cheese, if desired.