Simple Truth® Organic Garbanzo Beans Description
- No Artificial Flavors • No Preservatives
- Big Deal - 4 Pack
- USDA Organic
- 4 - 15 oz Cans
†Simple Truth Organic Products are formulated without Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). The USDA's National Organic Program does not permit the use of ingredients made with GMOs in Certified Organic Products.
*The lining of this can was produced without BPA.
Microwave: Empty contents into microwave safe dish. Cover dish and microwave on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir and serve.
Stovetop: Empty contents into saucepan and heat on medium high to a simmer. Remove from heat, stir and serve.
Refrigerate any unused portion in a separate container. Best if used by date on can end.
BPA, artificial flavors, GMOs, preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (130 g)
Servings per Container: 13
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2 g||3%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||7%|
| Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
| Sugars||3 g|
Other Ingredients: Water, organic garbanzo beans, sea salt.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Easy Vegan Creamy “Egg” Salad
Meet your new favorite lunch! Combining chickpeas and tofu, this vegan “egg” salad mimics the look and texture of the classic kind, with tofu resembling egg whites and chickpeas for yokes. But this plant-based version boasts more
protein than eggs with zero
cholesterol. Mixed with bold flavors from a few additional whole-food ingredients, it makes for a delicious sandwich or wrap, salad topper or spread for crackers. Taking just 15 minutes from start to finish, it qualifies as quick and easy, but it’s also highly evolved, nutritious and satisfying – perfect qualities for a perfect lunch.
Easy Vegan Creamy “Egg” Salad
- 2 15 oz. cans organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (equals 4 cups mashed)
- ½ cup organic firm tofu (pressed to remove water)
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup pickles (sweet or dill, diced)
- ¼ cup celery (diced)
- 6 Tbsp. yellow mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill
- Celery salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins or substitutions:
- ½ tsp. lemongrass turmeric paste
- Diced onion
- Turmeric powder
- Using fork, food processor or potato masher, pulse/mash garbanzo beans until paste forms and is desired smoothness.
- In large mixing bowl, combine mashed garbanzo beans with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Serve on top of lettuce or in sandwich.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this great lunch option!