Vitacost Certified Organic Garlic Powder Description
Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder
USDA Certified Organic
Smooth, finely ground texture
Control the potency
The rich, pungent flavor you’d expect from garlic
Perfect for seasoning veggies, sauces & toasted bread
Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder adds spice to your life
Did you go overboard? When you’re showering your best friend with birthday presents, that’s perfectly acceptable. When you’re seasoning dinner with fresh garlic, it’s not quite as OK. Even just one clove can wipe out the other flavors like a tidal wave. There’s a simple solution: keep a lid on the pungent spice by opting instead for Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder.
Garlic powder is simply dehydrated garlic. Once finely ground, you get Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder. The light-as-air texture means it easily mixes into chili, casseroles, sauces, dry rubs and other combination dishes without steering the taste too far off course. If you want garlic to be the anchor (on toasted bread or roasted veggies), simply add more powder – gradually. Unlike a fresh clove, Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder lets you easily control the potency in your recipe so your guests don’t jump ship.
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder?
• Use to make a dry rub for meats
• Stir into chili, sauces & soups
• Use to season homemade French fries
• Mix with olive oil and drizzle over toasted bread
• Sprinkle over hearty vegetables before roasting
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic garlic powder.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Bacalao & Root Veggies With Vinaigrette
If the standard light summer salad isn’t satisfying your hunger, try this bacalao recipe with root vegetables – a worthy entreé. Bacalao is dried and salted fish, usually cod or pollock. The fish requires a desalting process, but it’s worth the extra effort. In this recipe, chunks of soft, flaky fish mingle among al dente potatoes, carrots, peas, onion, scallions and hard-boiled eggs. It’s topped with a homemade vinaigrette of white balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, grated yellow onion, red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Assemble your salad on a large platter for a large crowd, and let the feast commence!
Bacalao & Root Veggies With Vinaigrette
- 1 pkg. pollock bacalao
- 1/2 purple onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 large potatoes (any variety, halved)
- 4 carrots (halved)
- 1/2 cup fancy peas (frozen or fresh)
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (quartered)
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar (for soaking of purple onions)
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. yellow onion (grated)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Follow package directions to desalt fish, or use quick method in step 2.
- For quick desalting method, fill large bowl with water and carefully add bacalao. Soak and rinse with cool water at least twice.
- In medium pot over medium heat, combine fish, fresh water and 1 tsp. brown sugar; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour out hot water and rinse fish with cold water. Set aside to let fish soak in cool water.
- In medium pot, cover potatoes, carrots and 1 tsp. salt with water; boil until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In small bowl, pour ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar over red onion and set aside.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together ½ tsp. salt, black pepper, grated yellow onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, remaining balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Set aside.
- To assemble salad, cut potatoes and carrots in thick slices and arrange on large serving platter with peas, eggs, scallions and raw onions. Evenly distribute fish around platter. Drizzle on vinaigrette.
- Bacalao is dried, salted pollock or cod. Soak it well and taste-test to ensure it’s not too salty.
- Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.