Vitacost Certified Organic Garlic Powder Description
Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder
USDA Certified Organic
Smooth, finely ground texture
Control the potency
The rich, pungent flavor you’d expect from garlic
Perfect for seasoning veggies, sauces & toasted bread
Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder adds spice to your life
Did you go overboard? When you’re showering your best friend with birthday presents, that’s perfectly acceptable. When you’re seasoning dinner with fresh garlic, it’s not quite as OK. Even just one clove can wipe out the other flavors like a tidal wave. There’s a simple solution: keep a lid on the pungent spice by opting instead for Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder.
Garlic powder is simply dehydrated garlic. Once finely ground, you get Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder. The light-as-air texture means it easily mixes into chili, casseroles, sauces, dry rubs and other combination dishes without steering the taste too far off course. If you want garlic to be the anchor (on toasted bread or roasted veggies), simply add more powder – gradually. Unlike a fresh clove, Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder lets you easily control the potency in your recipe so your guests don’t jump ship.
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder?
• Use to make a dry rub for meats
• Stir into chili, sauces & soups
• Use to season homemade French fries
• Mix with olive oil and drizzle over toasted bread
• Sprinkle over hearty vegetables before roasting
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic garlic powder.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
Get all of the mouthwatering flavor of Mexican street corn
– known as elote
in Spanish – in an easy-to-eat salad. This exquisite esquites
recipe is practically effortless, using frozen corn kernels and requiring no grilling. You still get that smoky, sweet and spicy flavor and fun without any of the mess. It makes for a zesty side or an exceptional dip scooped up (greedily!) with tortilla chips
. There won’t be a kernel left!
Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 large jalapeño (finely diced)
- ½ small red onion (finely diced)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (chopped)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- ½ cup Mexican crema
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
NOTE: Parmesan cheese can be used in place of Cotija cheese. Equal parts mayo and sour cream (or Greek yogurt) can be subbed for Mexican crema.
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is very hot (but not smoking), add frozen corn kernels in even layer. (You may need to do this in two batches.)
- Heat corn until char develops on outside, around 10 minutes. (Note: Do not over stir as it will prevent charring.)
- Transfer corn to large mixing bowl to cool.
- When cool, add jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Gently mix together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Cotija cheese and mix. Stir in Mexican crema and lime juice. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this great dish!