When it comes to certain desserts, you insist on second helpings. Whether it’s cream cheese filling, whipped topping or fresh, fruity flavor that sparks your sweet tooth, the cravings can be impossible to ignore. But two servings of sweets can wreck your healthy diet, so you need a dessert that not only satisfies your appetite but is actually good for you. This pie is made with healthy ingredients and one slice sets you back only 102 calories. With macros like that, you can gladly serve yourself an extra piece!
Lemon Cream Pie
Macros per serving: 102 calories | 9.5 g net carbs | 6 g protein
1 scoop Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
1 lemon, juiced and zested (reserve zest for topping)
1 cup boiling water
2 Tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 container 100-calorie Yoplait Lemon Greek Yogurt
0.3 oz. sugar-free lemon Jell-o
1 tsp. lemon extract
1 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Manna or oil, softened
1 Tbsp. Swerve Confectioner’s Style Erythritol
¾ cup Uncle Sam Toasted Whole Wheat Berry Flakes & Flaxseed Cereal
1 cup Skinny TruWhip whipped topping
6 oz. fresh raspberries, for garnish, if desired
- Grease a pie plate to prepare the crust. In a high-speed blender or Magic Bullet, grind cereal until it has become a fine powder. Transfer to a prepared dish.
- Add Coconut Manna and erythritol. Mix until combined and then press down into bottom and sides of pie plate. Crust should go halfway up the sides of pan. Place pan in freezer to set while preparing the filling.
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in Jell-o until dissolved. Place in fridge to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix lemon juice with cream cheese. Then add protein powder, yogurt and lemon extract.
- In a large blender, combine lemon mixture with Jell-o. Whip until smooth and frothy. Pour mixture into crusted pie plate and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Once set, frost with whipped topping and top with lemon zest.