These green pancakes are so much fun to serve (your kiddos will seriously get a kick out of them) and they’re packed with nutrition. Reap the benefits of antioxidant-rich matcha when you chow down on this flavorful breakfast dish. Free of gluten, dairy, nuts, soy and artificial coloring, these pancakes are sure to become a family favorite. Complement each bite with warm, vanilla-roasted strawberries, which offer the perfect amount sweetness eliminating the need for sugary syrups
Makes about 15 pancakes
1-1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Pancake + Waffle Mix
1-1/2 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. cane sugar
2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Vitacost Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1-1/3 cup water
Additional oil, for brushing skillet
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- In bowl, mix scraped vanilla bean and maple syrup. Add strawberries and toss. Pour onto foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes until strawberries soften and begin releasing liquid. Set aside to cool.
- To make pancakes, preheat a flat, nonstick skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- In bowl, mix pancake ingredients together until smooth.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop pancake batter onto skillet. Cook until tiny bubbles appear on surface and flip. Cook for an additional minute. Continue with remaining batter.
- To serve, top pancakes with roasted strawberries.