Nutiva Organic Vegan Ghee Description
Plant-Based • Dairy Free
Coconut & Avocado Blend
High Heat Cooking
Non-GMO Project Verified
Enjoy the rich, aromatic flavor of traditional ghee, now plant-based and vegan friendly. Crafted with a unique blend of organic coconut and avocado oils and our organic and natural flavor, it's great for spreading, baking and ideal for high heat cooking (up to 450°F).
Storage: Refrigeration not required; store out of direct sunlight.
GMOs, dairy, cholesterol.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 28
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1.4 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||9 g||45%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic refined expeller-pressed coconut oil, organic avocado oil, organic vegan ghee flavor, organic turmeric extract, organic annatto extract (for color).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan French Onion Soup
There’s something incredibly comforting about the smell of garlic and onions slowly caramelizing over a stovetop – especially during the cooler months. This recipe takes classic French onion soup (yes, the kind with the cheese on top) and veganizes it into a warming dish that everyone can enjoy. To elevate this soup’s flavor even more, opt for local ingredients
, such as onions (choose your favorite varieties) when possible – it’s our top pro tip to truly savor the season.
Vegan French Onion Soup
- 2 Tbsp. vegan ghee
- 2 lbs. onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 quart mushroom broth
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 pkg. croutons
- Shredded vegan mozzarella
- In medium-size soup pot over medium heat, add ghee and sliced onions. Stir onions to coat, then sprinkle with salt. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Stir in garlic and turn heat down slightly. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until onions start sticking to the bottom of pan (careful not to burn).
- Add tomato paste, stir and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add wine and stir to remove cooked bits at bottom of pan.
- Add thyme, bay leaves, mushroom stock, vegetable stock, Worcestershire sauce and ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil, cover pan, turn down heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil. Ladle soup into oven-safe bowls and garnish with croutons and shredded vegan mozzarella. Place dishes on sheet pan and transfer to oven. Broil for several minutes or until cheese is melty and lightly browned.
Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!