Jarrow Formulas Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Description
Rich and Full Coconut Flavor
Cold Pressed - Certified Organic
Suitable for Vegetarians/Vegans
Jarrow Formulas® Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil from the fresh flesh of the coconut palm fruit, (Cocos nucifera) is unrefined and cold-pressed in a controlled, indoor environment. This specific process does not utilize any solvents and preserves the volatile compounds responsible for imparting the rich, familiar flavor of coconuts.
Coconut oil is stable even during long periods of storage. Because its melting point is 75-76 F, coconut oil can be used in both liquid or solid forms for cooking and baking.
For maximum freshness, best kept refrigerated after opening.
Wheat, gluten, soybeans, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish, or peanuts.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (15 mL)
Servings per Container: Approx 32
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||14 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||13 g||65%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Not a significant source of Vitamin A, C, iron or Calcium.
Other Ingredients: 100% unrefined cold pressed, organic, extra virgin coconut oil.
Product of the Philippines.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Cinnamon Bun-for-One Mug Cake
In as much time as it takes to grab a candy bar, you could’ve made a cake. Seriously. Factor in walking to the corner market or fighting with the office vending machine, and you can guarantee five minutes have gone by. Your precious time is better spent making a cinnamon bun-for-one mug cake. It’s a perfectly portioned treat so you don’t overeat. And if you’re feeling generous, simply double the recipe and help someone else get five minutes back.
Cinnamon Bun-for-One Mug Cake
Serves 1 (*double ingredients to make 2 mugs)
Cake in a Mug
2 Tbsp. Vanilla Vega® Protein & Greens
4 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. coconut sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. coconut oil
1/4 tsp. vanilla
6 Tbsp. water
Vegan Cream Cheese Icing (optional)
1 Tbsp. vegan cream cheese
1 tsp. coconut oil
2 tsp. powdered sugar
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with 1 teaspoon sugar. Set aside.
- In separate, medium-sized bowl, add Vega powder, flour, sugar, baking powder and remaining cinnamon.
- Add coconut oil, vanilla and water, stirring until well combined.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cinnamon-sugar mixture onto bottom of a mug.
- Spoon half the batter into mug.
- Sprinkle on another 1/3 cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Spoon in remaining batter and top with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Microwave 1-1/2 minutes. Continue to microwave on 30-second intervals until cake is slightly spongy but not gooey. Note: If you double the recipe, microwave one mug at a time.
- To prepare vegan cream cheese, whisk all ingredients together in separate bowl until smooth and thick.
- Let mug cake cool before topping with cream cheese and eating. If desired, spoon cream cheese into plastic bag, cut a hole in the corner and pipe onto mug in a decorative fashion.