If we had to guess your favorite food, pizza would probably be a safe assumption. Pizza is the number one food in America and one of the most popular foods around the world as well. But with the rise of vegan, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free lifestyles, it can be harder to enjoy your favorite food without guilt. That’s where this paleo pizza that you can feel good about eating any time comes in. Feel free to adjust the toppings to suit your own preferences and dietary restrictions, and every day can be pizza day!
1 cup pesto
1/2 lb. pancetta, previously cooked
1-2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine tapioca flour, 1/3 cup coconut flour and salt and mix well. Pour in oil and water and stir. Add whisked egg and mix until well combined. Add the remaining coconut flour (one Tbsp. at a time) until soft, but somewhat sticky, dough forms.
- On surface sprinkled with tapioca, turn out dough and knead gently until it forms a ball that doesn’t stick to your hands. Place dough ball onto parchment paper and use tapioca-floured rolling pin to roll out dough until it is fairly thin (about 12” in diameter). Add tapioca flour by the Tbsp. as needed, but do not handle the dough too much or it will become overly dense.
- Place the parchment paper with rolled-out dough on it onto a hot pizza stone or sheet pan in the oven. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange toppings as desired and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes, or until desired doneness.