Vitacost Certified Organic Virgin & Unrefined Coconut Oil Description
To maintain its fresh-from-the-tropics characteristics, this coconut oil is certified organic, non-GMO and cold pressed without the use of heat or chemicals.
What is coconut oil?
If you aren’t yet familiar with this unique superfood, you’ll be delighted to know coconut oil is a natural substance obtained from fresh coconuts. This creamy nutrient can be used in everything from baking to body care.
How does coconut oil support health?
Unlike other triglycerides, medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) may be beneficial to human health.* It’s been estimated that 60 percent of coconut oil is comprised of MCTs, making it a potently healthy addition to your diet.
Why choose Vitacost Coconut Oil Extra Virgin?
Made from certified organic coconuts
Cold pressed means it's unrefined, without heat or chemicals
Packaged in BPA-free jar
Superior quality at a great value!
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]). Product has a melting point of 75°F (24°C).
Milk, dairy, eggs, peanuts, crustacean shellfish, fish, soy, gluten, titanium dioxide.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 32
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||14 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||13 g||64%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Not s significant source of cholesterol, dietary fiber, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron and potassium.
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Organic coconut oil.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Frozen Raspberry-Coconut Cups
These perfectly sweetened three-layer raspberry cups are simple to make, beautiful to look at and divine to the taste buds. Made layer by layer in muffin tins or silicone molds, each mixture freezes before adding the next. First is a creamy, sweetened coconut concoction, next is pureed raspberry with shredded coconut and honey, and lastly is melted chocolate. Once completely frozen, you have eye-popping cups of bright white and raspberry red. Serve as warm-weather treats or beautiful dinner-party desserts.
Frozen Raspberry-Coconut Cups
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- In small saucepan over low heat, combine coconut layer ingredients. Stir until coconut cream and coconut oil are melted and well-combined.
- Spoon 3 Tbsp. coconut mixture into muffin tin or 12 round, medium-sized silicone molds. Place molds or muffin tin in freezer.
- To make raspberry layer, heat ingredients in small saucepan over low heat. Stir until well-combined and mash raspberries until mixture is smooth and warm.
- Remove frozen coconut layers from freezer and spoon raspberry mixture over each coconut layer. Place bars back in freezer.
- To make chocolate layer, melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave or on low-heat stovetop until mixture is smooth.
- Remove frozen molds from freezer, drizzle melted chocolate evenly over each bar and place back in the freezer until everything has hardened.
- Remove cups from molds or tins and serve.
- If using unsweetened chocolate, add 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey for sweetness.
- Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.